The short version
- We will do everything we can to make the conference covid safe.
- If you, or a household member show symptoms of or have a positive test for covid, or believe you may have been exposed to covid before the conference, you should not travel to Antwerp. Please call the organisers on +44 78 85 99 16 33 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you start to show symptoms or have a positive test for covid or believe you may have been exposed to covid while at the conference, please notify the organisers and return to your accommodation.
- If we have to cancel the conference, we will do our best to refund as much of the conference fee as we can.
- You must comply with any laws, rules, or guidance in place, including around travel to Belgium
- You should make sure that you have adequate health coverage in place.
- If you have any questions, please do get in touch. We will do our very best to make sure you feel safe at the conference.
Because the situation around covid is fast-changing, we cannot at this time say exactly what policies and procedures will be in place for the conference. We will, of course, adhere to national, regional, and municipal laws and guidance, and the regulations of the venues. Please note that the conference is taking place in person.
The long version
ASEN, NISE, the University of Antwerp, and the University of Ghent (hereinafter, ‘the organizers’) intend to hold an academic conference on nationalism media at the premises of the University of Antwerp from 5th to 7th April 2022 (hereinafter, ‘the conference’). This policy sets out the organisers’ position with regards to Coronavirus disease 2019 (hereinafter, ‘covid’) and severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (hereinafter, ‘the virus’). Submission of an abstract, registration for the conference, or attendance at the conference constitute acceptance of this policy.
The organisers will make every reasonable effort to ensure that the conference is run in a covid safe manner by complying with applicable laws and regulations. The organizers make no assurance that you will not be exposed to covid.
In order to attend the conference, participants agree to also comply with applicable laws and regulations and the directions of the organizers or their representatives, including but not limited to any rules regarding travel to and entry into Belgium. Participants are required to make any necessary arrangements regarding testing, declarations, notifications, and locator forms for their country of departure, transit countries, and Belgium. Participants are advised to check their medical coverage and to take out private medical insurance if appropriate. The organisers disclaim any and all claims against them to the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws for any damage, injury, or loss caused by or attributable to covid.
In the event that a participant or a member of a participant’s household are diagnosed with or show symptoms of covid, or a participant believes they may have been exposed to covid or the virus, in the ten days before the beginning of the conference, they should not travel to Antwerp. They should contact the event organisers by telephone on +44 78 85 99 16 33 or by email on email@example.com.
In the event that a participant is diagnosed with, shows symptoms of covid, or believes they may have been exposed to covid or the virus after they have arrived in Antwerp, they should immediately return to their accommodation and remain there. They should contact the event organisers by telephone on +44 78 85 99 16 33 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that the conference must be cancelled or amended because of covid or anything connected to covid, the organisers will make good faith efforts to refund participants as much of their registration fee as is practical. Any such refund will be at the organisers’ sole discretion. The organisers emphasise that any such refund will be less than the total amount of the registration fee because of costs than cannot be recouped.
The organisers accept no liability for any financial or other loss or damage caused by a participant not being able to attend the conference, whether directly or indirectly caused, because of covid or because of any legal or other restrictions.